Web Designer/Front End Developer (Covering Temporary Leave)
Starting Date: TBD ( November 2020)
MUST HAVE EXCELLENT ENGLISH COMMUNICATION SKILLS AND BE AVAILABLE TO WORK IN CANADA EASTERN TIME ZONE FROM 9 AM TO 5 PM ET.
40 Hour work week, 5 days a week with occasional on call/weekend needs.
We will only review those that have followed the Pre-Interview Selection Process at the bottom of this job posting.
About the Opportunity: Our team is looking for someone who is keen to create web sites and develop/maintain our technical architecture to support our community. The ideal candidate will have experience working in the digital technology field, has CRM experience, and thrives on delivering projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This role will require both the web design and front end development skill set.
If you are a proactive technical professional with excellent time management skills, attention to detail and a high level of follow through, we want to hear from you!
You will have a key role in a range of web business management tasks including website updating and development, and supporting the team and Say Yes community with cutting edge technology solutions.
We are looking for someone who wants to grow with our team alongside our entrepreneur Susan Garrett and be a part of our vision to improve the lives of dogs and dog owners by helping them understand each other better. If the thought of bringing your technical skills to our team to help us meet this vision then… we want to hear from you!
A strong IT candidate will have:
Passion for getting the job done right: QA and testing are super important to you. You understand the customer journey and ensure that your work matches expectations.
- A Love of all things CRM: An understanding of the importance of a functional database and its relationship to web pages, and it's connection to a variety of programs. (Infusionsoft /Memberium/Kajabi) You will also understand the importance of efficiency in processes and documentation!
- Good Communication Skills! You will be communicating with our team daily via messaging and sometimes video or phone hookups. You will also be communicating with our community in writing via our help desk (you don’t have to be Hemmingway, just clear and genuinely helpful).
- A Great Curiosity to Learn: You recognize success leaves clues and you love to investigate what is working for others in your space. As a lifelong learner, you are constantly looking for ways to grow your knowledge and are passionate about innovation, learning new skills and growing your knowledge base.
We also are looking for:
“Best practices” is something you stand for in your passion for smooth running digital technology.
- You love creating and designing websites. You look for opportunities to make our company stand out, and you’ll be obsessed with the detail and getting it right.
- You say… Bring it on! I love troubleshooting IT challenges!
- When given the opportunity to contribute grow the business you would say - “I LOVE research and development and sharing of ideas for improvement and growth in my area”.
- Website front end with back end support (able to deliver a website end to end). Creating web pages/themes in Wordpress and Kajabi will be a core part of this role.
- Web Design skills are essential. If you bring UI experience along with it, that would be great!
- You have experience with designing for mobile-first and adapting for desktop. You understand responsive design.
- Proficiency with CRM management tools - Infusionsoft is preferred, but experience with other CRM solutions will be considered. Memberium is also preferred but not essential if you have the background and skills to jump in and own it!
- Take pride in helping us deliver our online programs with minimal interruption to students around the globe.
- Responsible self-starter with the ability to problem-solve and work in an environment with frequent changing needs and schedules. Cool, calm and collected under pressure. Must possess comfort with competing and shifting priorities.
- Good communication skills and ability to relate to team members and our community world wide.
- Home office with high speed internet (minimum of 10x1 mbps) and up to date computer hardware / software (ideally purchased within the last 3 years).
Nice to Have:
- 2-3 years relevant experience in Infusionsoft operations, campaign understanding/testing and reporting. automation/segmentation/digital marketing. Campaign automation deployment for marketing.
- Familiarity with full ASK Method Sales funnel.
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance (QA) protocols and ownership of QA sign off for deliverables
- Experience with Product Launch Formula (PLF) knowledge, familiar with the content, training portal, recent upgrades, etc.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with CAN-SPAM/CASL/GDPR anti-spam laws.
This job is probably not for you if...
- You get easily distracted and need to be closely managed on a daily basis.
- You do not have good time management skills or ability to be organized.
- You are fazed by shifting priorities.
- You don’t enjoy trying new things in technology or trying new tactics to improve efficiency.
- You do not have experience working from home, in a virtual team, or in an agile development environment.
- You do not have attention to detail or a high level of follow through.
- You do not like dogs or communicating with people from all over the world!
In Summary: We need a Digital Technical Specialist who thrives in a virtual team setting and shares our passion for providing excellence in our online classrooms and for our online community. Your days will be fun and varied, from providing help to someone with login challenges, to delivering a great solution for the team, to finding new technology solutions you are excited about, to setting up and developing a website for an online program, so the entire process is smooth for our community.
About Working with Say Yes/DogsThat: This is a Full Time Temporary Leave position that will last approximately 3 months with the potential for a longer contract. This is a virtual position, meaning you can work from anywhere in the world. You will be required to have a reliable up to date computer, fast internet, and the software needed for your role as an IT professional (and Plan B’s for each if something goes wrong). Must be available to work in 9 - 5 ET, but there will be times where it’s all hands on deck for planned activities, and times when we meet outside our own time zone. Flexibility is a must as this position may need a level of responsiveness outside of the normal work week and standard work hours three to four times a year.
What’s Next? Follow this Pre-Interview Selection Process
Please follow the steps below.
1. Within the body of your application include Your Last Name - Digital Technical Specialist Opportunity 2020
2. Copy and paste the following questions into the body of your email and fill out your reply for each underneath the question.
a. Why are you looking at this opportunity?
b. What’s wrong with this?
<img class="something" style="float right; padding: 15px 0 20px 15px;" src="https://awebsitesomewhere.com/wp-content/uploads/somethingorother.jpg" alt="Here is an image" width="169" height="235" />
c. There are a couple of parts here but you can answer together. What’s your favourite tool for staying organized, and how do you prioritize tasks?
d. What is a wireframe?
e. You are working in text mode in WordPress, what do you need to do before switching over to visual?
f. What’s a flat file?
g. Write the necessary PHP code to convert a date in the format 27/07/2017 into a string suitable for input into h MySQL date field.
i. What’s a split test?
j. What is a primary key?
k. Write the necessary PHP code to insert the date string in question 2.g into the field called birthday in a custom table called friends in a WordPress MySQL database.
a) A function to save a cookie setCookie(cookie_name, cookie_value, expiredays) where cookie_name: the name of the cookie (that you want to create) cookie_value: the value you want to save in the cookie expiredays: expiry days of your cookie
n. Are you our preferred candidate? In one sentence tell us why!
o. What’s a good online resource to send to someone who does not know how to clear cache?
p. Why is metadata important in HTML?
q. What excites you most about online digital technology?
r. How many questions are there above?
a. How did you arrive at the answer to 2.r?
3. Attach a PDF of your cover letter and resume to your email to us and send to us.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions not covered in the above feel free to contact us.