MarcoPolo is reinventing early learning children's media for a new generation. The company is a top global publisher of award-winning educational games and videos for children age 3-7. We inspire children to become explorers and life-long learners. We make STEAM learning an adventure, filled with the thrills and joys of discovery, for early learners, parents and educators.
Apps include our flagship subscription-based app, Emmy-nominated MarcoPolo World School, and a suite of free-to-play apps (Weather, Arctic, Recall and Ocean). MarcoPolo also produces award-winning content for broadcast. Our TV series, The Polos, is broadcast worldwide, including Discovery Family (USA), NatGeo (LatAm), YouKu (China) and Nickelodeon (India).
The role: You will be responsible for planning and implementing game functionality, building the app code and ensuring the quality of the finished product. You will write efficient code, optimise the general performance of our app and help keep bugs at a minimum level.
- Work on our flagship mobile app MarcoPolo World School with Unity in C#.
- Plan and implement game functionality to build robust game systems.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the mobile app
- Collaborate with game artists and developers to establish an effective production pipeline.
- Help with code improvements and fixing bugs.
- Graduate within a computer science or game development based field or similar.
- Unity, C#, Mobile Experience (iOS, Android)
- Comfortable writing well-structured code and committed to code quality through any means, code reviews, automated testing and tooling.
- Strong understanding of programming best practices and various design patterns in mobile games.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Calm and professional attitude.
- Team player with a hardworking can-do attitude is a must.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize and manage work and adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience/good knowledge of the mobile app space.
- Experience/good knowledge of the kids’ educational space.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and comfortable using initiative in a lean start up.
Apply via email.