At IDEX (idexinnovation.com), we believe strongly in the innovative power of people and are committed to empowering their creative potential. To do so, we provide our innovation and project management to companies, allowing every employee to freely express their ideas, plan them, manage them, and use them to benefit the employees, their customers, and their company. We are a small, committed team that is rapidly growing. Our co-founders are two successful entrepreneurs who have established multi-million dollar businesses in markets across the globe. We have secured long-term funding and are ready to tackle this exciting, difficult challenge. If you share our vision and want to be part of the transforming force for the innovation scene, come and join us!
You will be responsible for successful execution and delivery of technical aspects of enterprise-level projects, either individually or as part of the development team. You will work closely with the CEO and the tech team to ensure IDEX’s technological developments and operational components are delivered on time and to specifications. You will be handling the technical development of the software, and working with the other developer(s) to deliver features.
- Backend: Java/Spring/Maven/Spring Boot
- Frontend: React/Redux/HTML5/CSS3/
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Hosting: AWS EC2, S3, RDS
- Orchestration: Kubernetes
- Interact with business and technical stakeholders to understand requirements, challenges and expectations
- Ensure quality of deliverables to the satisfaction of the customer and end user expectation
- Collaborate with the product team to implement robust, high performance, data-driven web applications
- Solve complex problems with innovative and elegant design and delivery
- Integrate third party technology into IDEX tech stack, or vice versa
- Enforce coding standards and set a high standard for code quality
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 3 years of demonstrable experience with frontend and backend web development
- Experienced with SaaS development
- Expert knowledge of Java, React, HTML5, and CSS3
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining open lines of communication with others across the organization
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive criticism positively
- Full professional proficiency of English language skills
- Inspired by the startup environment where a sense of initiative is key
How do you apply?
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter by email. Our hiring process is as follows:
- A HackerRank link will be sent to you for a coding test. There are 3 algorithms questions and you will have 90minutes to complete them (tip: to remove a node from a linked list, do "previous.next = current.next"). Don't stress too much if your answer isn't 100% perfect. Successful candidates tend to get 80% on the first and second question, and 30% on the last question. We've passed people with lower scores (because they were off-by-one or otherwise very close to having a perfect answer) and failed people with higher scores (generally due to unreadable code). We try to look at the code of all applicants. Sometimes this can be difficult depending on the number of applicants.
- An interview with our CEO to get to know each other better. This interview is generally 30 minutes.
- An interview with our Head of Technology to get to know your technical background, and to see how we work together to solve technical problems. This interview will have a coding portion where you'll pair program on one or two more algorithms questions. The questions in this interview are usually quite similar to the ones you did in the first part of the interview process, or completely different but easier. The idea is to work together, not to trip you up with a tricky algorithm. This interview generally takes 30-60 minutes. Depending on timing, you may be able to do Step #2 and Step #3 back-to-back.
- That's it - between 2 and 2.5 hours total. After Step 3, we will send you a hire or no hire decision via email.