At Waveform we help consumers and enterprises communicate and work seamlessly by solving their connectivity problems.
We are a small and friendly company (~30 FTE) looking for a Frontend Developer to join our small and growing Engineering team. The core part of the role will be working with the team to build out our e-commerce stores, and you will also help develop our content management platform and a host of other internal and external tools.
Waveform is a fast-growing telecommunications firm specializing in mobile signal boosting devices and distributed antenna systems. In short, our goal is to help consumers and enterprises get better cell phone signal and to help bring about global connectivity. In order to do this it requires a lot of moving parts and some really great people!
We sell and install cellular enhancement equipment to both some of the biggest enterprises across the US and to individual end-user consumers. To do this we have multiple subsidiaries with offices and employees around the world working together.
Waveform provides individual end-users with multiple mobile signal boosting device options while RSRF is the manufacturer and turn-key solutions provider of in-building cellular signal enhancements for enterprises.
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a Frontend Developer to join our small and growing Engineering team. You’ll be helping to build out our e-commerce websites, CMS system, and a host of other internal and external tools.
This is a high-impact role, and you will see your success in increased website traffic, conversions, revenue, and company profit. Through development of internal tools you will also make your teammates' jobs easier, and therefore improve overall company productivity.
You will be working closely with Steven (our other web developer), our soon-to-join designer, and our co-founders Sina (CEO) and Sam (COO).
On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for
● Working with our designer to implement pixel-perfect implementations for new designs for our shopify-powered e-commerce store.
● Researching and implementing UX and UI improvements, implementing best practices from across the industry.
● Working with our internal team to maintain and developer new features and for our internal CMS system.
● Maintaining and building our suite of internal productivity tools, such as our company Chrome extension and tools platform.
● Ensuring our software is documented to help reduce the friction of onboarding other developers.
● Finding opportunities to build new tools or make improvements to existing tools to achieve company goals.
● Owning the full lifecycle of software development, from planning and writing code, to testing, deployment, and maintenance.
Skills required for this position
● Our ecommerce store is built on top of Shopify using a theme built in-house. Experience building store-fronts for Shopify specifically would be very advantageous, but it's not essential.
● The ability to write code that serves as a definitive example for new engineers to the team.
● Experience using tools to diagnose and improve performance issues, and taking charge of low-level deep dives when debugging complex issues.
● Comfortable managing the release process, suggesting and implementing improvements, as well as large scale refactors.
● Ability to contribute to technical standards, best practices, and embedding impactful improvements.
● Good understanding of agile methodology, continuous integration, test-driven development.
● Able to handle situations where domain knowledge does not exist in the company and can lead the effort to resolve this.
● Good at progressing and delivering work without frequent supervision; promptly seeking feedback, ideas and support to ensure effective work.
Commercial experience: 3 years
The role requires to be available for meetings (2-3 per week) that overlap with USA Pacific Time.
How to apply
To apply for the role please email a copy of your resume