At Squad, we are highly passionate about the future of social, which aligns with our product: enabling people to find new friends and build relationships in a meaningful way. The problem we are tackling requires an awareness of the basic fundamentals of human connection & friendships, with a perspective on how to blend connection with tech in a more effective manner.
Our team is young, vibrant, motivated, and incredibly open/inclusive. We have a collaborative nature and encourage everyone to be involved in the creative process of evolving an early-stage product and company. We are in space that is quickly heating up by the day and will be a significant focus in Silicon Valley for the next 2-4 years. We were one of the earliest (though, quiet) movers and have insights that are a strong competitive advantage—that is the reason we have been building such a top-notch team around us. Our venture backing includes top firms that also backed companies like Heroku, BirchBox, Airbnb and Harry’s just to name a few. Our angel investors include some of the earliest employees at companies like Slack and LinkedIn.
We have been named to the Inc 30 under 30 list and have been featured in a number of outlets including TechCrunch, Crunchbase, Forbes, Fast Company, Entrepreneur and Bloomberg, to name a few. We are in the Grand Central Tech exclusive accelerator, which has a less than 3% acceptance rate. Our HQ office is located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan; employees will have the option to work out of HQ once it is safe to do so. In the meantime, the team is fully remote and we are working hard to make sure that employees feel supported in a WFH environment.
In summary, there’s a lot to be figured out in the social space. We are really bullish on it, and have promising early signs that indicate we can emerge into one of the big leaders in the space. If you’re excited about the space (remote or in NYC), willing to roll up your sleeves and work hard, and interested in getting in on the ground level, then we’d love to chat with you.
Responsibilities and Job Description:
• Mobile app development (both iOS and Android, using React Native)
• Mobile and desktop web development (React)
• API and database development (NodeJS and MongoDB)
• Backend management (Serverless Framework on AWS)
• Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build the next generation of products
• Work closely with our operations team to build and scale back-end services
• Build report interfaces and data feeds identifying issues as they arise, assessing possible solutions, and executing those solutions
• 10+ yrs of software engineering experience, or CS degree with 5+ yrs of software eng. experience
• Energetic & proactive. Strong attention to detail and an eye for good design
• All in on building a vibrant community and creating positive change through technology
• Open minded and positive attitude
If interested, please send us a resumé and quick blurb about your interest.