Podchaser is looking for a DevOps Engineer to be responsible for the design, configuration and implementation of our CI/CD pipelines to automate our software delivery processes and the general management of our cloud infrastructure.
Working alongside our CTO and the rest of the engineering team, you’ll develop and maintain container deployment, continuous integration, and monitoring systems, using your experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS.
Responsible for our security management and infrastructure roadmap, this role is integral to our development work, ensuring our platform is compliant and secure.
You will be taking over for an outgoing employee, so there will be a handover period after which you will be expected to ensure that business can continue as usual, while also collaborating on new projects.
This is a 100% remote position, our engineers can live and work anywhere in the world, though there will be a requirement of at least some overlapping work hours with Melbourne, Australia (GMT+10).
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives, as we believe a diverse team leads to diverse ideas and solutions!
- You will take over responsibility for our existing Kubernetes cluster and CI/CD pipelines, ensuring they are able to run smoothly with minimal downtime.
- You will continue to improve our continuous integration abilities, with the first priority being the ability for us to have an environment (SQL database, Elasticsearch, Redis) for automated integration testing.
- You will help us add additional microservice containers and recommend how they can be integrated into the rest of our stack.
- You will be involved in onboarding new employees, ensuring they have a working dev environment and access to appropriate resources.
Skills & Requirements
- Deploying, scaling, and troubleshooting applications in production with Kubernetes.
- Configuring and implementing CI/CD pipelines on the appropriate tools – we are currently using Gitlab and don’t have any reason to change that so experience there will be a bonus.
- Building infrastructure on public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Using Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform.
- Managing Elasticsearch clusters, with a good understanding of the processes involved in adding nodes to scale horizontally, manage required computing and memory resources, configure Kibana, etc.
- Configuring and deploying NGINX to serve up a PHP backend.
- Configuring and deploying a NodeJS Express backend (currently using PM2) to handle a server rendered React application.
- You can earn our trust by sharing your thoughts and making commitments, and you’re willing to trust your teammates to do the same.
- You see your work all the way through to the end.
- You can debate with empathy.
- You are self-motivated, which means you handle your own time. This is a remote-only role, so it’s especially important that you are able to understand when a task is blocked by a colleague so you can use your time effectively elsewhere.
- You are not afraid to try new things, and you’re enthusiastic about helping others learn and grow.
- You are pragmatic and can balance “textbook correctness” against practical reality.
- You can keep your eye on the goal, while communicating early and often throughout a sprint.