🕹 About Fortnight
We're a small team of creative thinkers and makers, building award-winning mobile apps and websites for ambitious and caring brands – like Bumble, King, OnePlus, Simba Sleep, Riot Games (League of Legends), and many other awesome clients. We work on the entire digital product journey, from branding to wireframes, through to design prototypes, high-fidelity designs, front & backend development, mobile app development and ongoing product optimisation & strategy.
👩🏫 About the role
We are looking for a talented all-round Designer to lead our Design department, with a lot of experience in all things digital design and a good all-round technical knowledge. You'd get stuck in on a variety of exciting client projects as well as helping us grow and manage the Design team and our design processes. It’s a great opportunity to work across a wide range of world-famous mobile apps, SaaS and e-commerce projects, combining your hands-on design skills with managerial and strategic aspects of growing and managing a team & projects.
- You will create impactful and visually appealing user experiences at the highest quality standard
- You will manage multiple projects simultaneously towards successful completion, working harmoniously alongside other designers, front-end developers, project owners, and clients.
- Collaborate with the team and clients on brand development, interface design across desktop and mobile, user experience optimisation, user testing, and more.
- Help to establish new standards for UX/UI design practice with others in the company and/or consultants as needed.
- Champion accountability to goals and deadlines across the team, proactively communicating project status through reports, meetings, and ad hoc communications.
- Work with business co-founders to define project scopes and be involved in key project pitches.
- Lead and manage the design teams and processes to help establish Fortnight as a world-famous design studio.
🧠 What we expect from you
- Expert knowledge and proficiency of Sketch, Figma, Adobe Suite, and other industry-standard design management tools.
- Expert knowledge of prototyping tools and methodologies including Principle, Flinto, Framer, and After Effects.
- Excellent knowledge of crafting user experiences and beautiful user interfaces across desktop and mobile.
- Excellent knowledge of brand development & positioning, including brand guidelines, logo design, etc.
- Exceptional communication/interpersonal skills.
- Great illustration & animation skills
- Good all-round technical knowledge
- Good understanding of commercial implications of any design & development work
- Perfectly organised and timely with a problem-solving attitude.
- Very proactive and self-sufficient
🤩 Nice to have
- Basic understanding of 3D modelling tools like Cinema 4D.
- Basic knowledge of After Effects for UI and character animations.
- You have experience leading a team, defining design processes and communicating directly with key stakeholders.
- Experience in marketing activities such as social media postings, newsletters, etc.
📦 What we can give you
- Competitive salary, bonus and share schemes.
- Ability to mold the studio as an early employee.
- Extremely friendly and relaxed working environment.
- Completely flexible working hours.
- Company sponsored outings and events.
- Company paid conferences and professional development opportunities.
- A MacBook Pro + 27” Display + Magic Keyboard and Mouse setup.
- Encouraging environment to push yourself personally and professionally.
🤝 How to apply
Please send your CV and portfolio to us via email.