MarcoPolo is reinventing early learning children's media for a new generation. The company is a top global publisher of award-winning educational games and videos for children age 3-7. We inspire children to become explorers and life-long learners. We make STEAM learning an adventure, filled with the thrills and joys of discovery, for early learners, parents and educators.
Apps include our flagship subscription-based app, Emmy-nominated MarcoPolo World School, and a suite of free-to-play apps (Weather, Arctic, Recall and Ocean). MarcoPolo also produces award-winning content for broadcast. Our TV series, The Polos, is broadcast worldwide, including Discovery Family (USA), NatGeo (LatAm), YouKu (China) and Nickelodeon (India).
The role: This role will play a vital part in the way products are architected, built and launched. Working closely with the Product Owner and the Head of IT and Engineering, the Unity Engineering Manager will help design and develop exciting new products, leading a small team of experienced developers (c. 4-6 devs).
- Collaborate with the Head of IT and Engineering, Product Managers and developers to conceptualize, strategize, architect and develop new features and functionality.
- Build, mentor and manage a world-class team of engineers.
- Clear the road for your team by identifying and removing obstacles.
- Enable high pace of features delivery while controlling for technical debt and ensuring the highest engineering quality.
- Identifying technical and customer-facing impacts, recommending best-practices and/or alternate approaches, and providing timeline estimates.
- Articulating development status and challenges to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Help with code improvements and fixing bugs in Unity.
- Conduct peer code reviews.
- Serve as the team’s ambassador to other teams and departments.
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on Unity developer
- 3+ years of experience managing and growing a development team.
- Experience in building, retaining, and managing high performing diverse and inclusive teams, and growing and mentoring software engineers. Ability to manage a remote team is essential.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the company.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize and manage work and adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Create an environment where people can do their best work, while having fun doing it.
- Experience/good knowledge of the mobile app space essential.
- Experience/good knowledge of the kids’ education and/or content sector desirable.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills.
Apply via email.