The Brave New Software Project, Inc seeks an experienced Senior Frontend Engineer to join our new team for a censorship-resistant cryptocurrency exchange.
This new exchange will be available in censored regions, and it will take advantage of the censorship-resistant capabilities of the our application. We uses a variety of networking and protocol tricks to sneak traffic past censors in some of the most repressive censoring countries in the world.
As Senior Frontend Engineer, you’ll be joining a fully remote team to implement new user-facing features in our React based web applications.
- Build user interfaces that are simple, easy to use, performant and reliable using modern tools like React, Typescript, Jest and Webpack
- Maintain a well-organized codebase of components
- Translate mockups and requirements into fully functioning features using React
- Optimize applications for scalability and maximum speed
- Mentor and train junior frontend engineers on coding standards and design techniques
- 6+ years professional software experience
- Understanding of state-management patterns such as Redux
- Familiarity with product and design life-cycles, collaborating closely with product managers, designers, and engineers
- Experience developing responsive web sites
- Experience with REST and WebSocket based services
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- If you’re excited to tackle thorny social problems with software, or if you’re an experienced engineer who thinks they might be ready to tackle a new kind of challenge, we want to hear from you.
Brave New Software provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourage applications from candidates who may be people of color, disabled, gender and sexual minorities, and other disadvantaged backgrounds.