Join our well-funded remote-first DVC team if you love building open source, developer tools, and CLI. If you want to see how your code is used by thousands of developers every day! If you don't mind Python.
We are the company behind very popular open-source tools for ML workflow- DVC and CML. We're a well-funded, remote-first team on a mission to solve the complexity of managing datasets, ML infrastructure, ML models lifecycle management.
What we offer:
- Team is distributed remotely worldwide.
- You will be one of the first employees for the DVC core team.
- Highly competitive salary, stock options, and bonuses.
- Open source-first company- you work will be visible and will be used by thousands developers every day! This feels great! Check out our Discord and GitHub.
- Founders and team with strong engineering, data science, and open source experience. We all code and understand engineering first-hand.
- Engineering team is involved into product discussions and planning. We do it openly via Github or Discord chat.
- Besides building the product we participate in conferences (PyCon, PyData, O'Reilly AI, etc). We encourage and support the team in giving talks, writing blog-posts, and other activities.
- Well-defined process that we all participate in improving.
- Strong Python knowledge and excellent coding culture (standards, unit test, docs, etc) are required. Alternatively very strong experience with languages like Go, C + some experience with Python).
- Remote work self-discipline. A lot of our processes are built on trust- we don't like and don't have time to micro-manage
- Excellent communication skills - clear, constructive, and respectful dialog with other team members, community
- Ability to write technical docs, blogs. Team is responsible to keep basic docs up to date
- DVC core team is 4 engineers, you will one of the earliest employees and we expect you to drive major parts of the product
How do you apply?
Due to a very high volume of applications, if you like the project and it's not a "send-and-pray" type of application for you, we ask for a small (less than 10min) task so that we can prirotize and get back to you asap:
Please, clone the DVC repository.
Find any "one-liner" issue. Existing on the issue tracker or not. It can be any problem/improvement at all that can be fixed within one hour or less. Seriously! We don't expect anything complicated or too smart as this stage (unless you want). Some ideas: typo fix, linter complaints fix, message improvements, good first issues on the issue tracker, etc.
Create a PR (in case you haven't had experience with GitHub- TAL here). Please, label it in some way that we can see this is a PR that comes as part of the application process.
Include your CV and link to the PR, and send us email. We'll try to review and contact you back asap!