Title: Freelance Deals Analyst
Manager: Nathan Burrow
Project Fee: $20/hr
Job Description: Below
About the position
Wirecutter is seeking a freelance deals analyst. The ideal candidate has an understanding of major e-commerce stores, their sales methods, and Wirecutter's coverage. Most important, the candidate has an enthusiasm for finding, tracking, researching, and writing about deals.
Wirecutter helps people buy the right things for the way they want to live. The site was founded by journalists in September 2011 and was acquired by The New York Times Company in October 2016. We make our recommendations through vigorous reporting, interviewing, and testing by teams of veteran journalists, scientists, and researchers. Consider us a best-of list for everyday things, a curated gallery filled with only interesting and useful objects, a thank-you note to the designers and engineers who create the stuff that makes people’s lives better, a geeky friend with next-level research skills who tests everything they buy so you don’t have to. The point is to make it easier to buy great gear, quickly, so you can get on with living your life.
We pride ourselves on following rigorous journalistic standards and ethics, and we maintain editorial independence from our business operations. Our editorial team always makes our recommendations entirely without input from our revenue team, and our writers and editors are never made aware of any business relationships. Wirecutter is mission driven and reader supported.
- Scanning a variety of retailers, deals sites, and other sources to find deals on Wirecutter picks
- Posting Wirecutter picks across our Deals page and social channels
- Logging deal-related data and ensuring that Deals page content remains accurate
- Coordinating with other team members during deals events
- Assisting in the creation and publication of deals blog content and the deals newsletter
- Great communication and time-management skills in a remote work environment
- Excellent research abilities
- Ability to write clear, concise copy
- Familiarity with WordPress is a plus
- Familiarity with Airtable is a plus
- Experience in affiliate panels is a plus
- Experience with Mailchimp is a plus
How to apply
If interested, please send a résumé and cover letter to us with the job title in the subject line.