Hi, everyone. Today I will introduce a new CMS which has stars 6.6K on github. It has several features as follows:
- 100% typescript and opensource licensed by MIT.
- Full control over your express app. Payload is based on express and is isolated from it by router. so you can maintain your own functionality outside of Payload.
- Extremely powerful access control in document and field level. Payload works with mongoDB, you can easily implement your own RBCA or any control access pattern.
- Hooks for document and field level. you can do such as sanitize incoming data, custonm output, integrate with third-part platform(with api key)
- Support plugins, you can make your own plugins ans share with the community.
- Providing a admin panel, you can control show/hide features by condistional logic, even you can add custom functionalities to it.
- Support REST/graphql api, draft/publication,
Generally speaking, In payload, the basic concepts of entities is: 1. document(or collection) 2. field.
Every entity has its own config, the config contains several functionalities:
- access control: who can do what operations for which data
- admin: how to display data in admin panel, you can even custom the UI/functionalities in admin panel
- hooks: do what you need before or after the operations of create/read/update/delete/access etc.
- other features based on the type of field or add features to collections （such as versions and authentications）
There are many other functionalities I haven't touched. It is truely the most powerful headless CMS I have ever seen I think. If you have interest in it, here is the official website: https://payloadcms.com/.
Wishing you have a good trip :)