We are Proalab
A New Zealand company that started in a garage in Auckland in 2020. Since then, we have been working on our own projects, packing them as products and marketing them. Most of our products work in B2B and B2C segments and deliver value in weather, logistics, and map categories. We do not build scam apps and are very quality-focused. We love building products that help our customers to address their needs, and we have an ambitious goal to change the way how the world experiences maps.
About the role
As a part of a small business unit, you will work closely with our Mobile Tech Lead and Head of Product on the design, development, and deployment of different mobile applications. As a Senior iOS Engineer, you will be a huge contributor to the success of our products and clients. Your input will greatly impact how and why the product is built. Our goal is to take advantage of emerging trends in the market and deliver the best experience to our users.
What you’ll do
- Work alongside the Mobile Tech Lead, Head of Product, and other engineers to build apps and features in existing iOS apps;
- Prototype, design, and build mobile applications and features in existing iOS apps;
- Ensure that we’re writing high-quality code through code reviews and automated tests;
- Test out new features and product ideas;
These are the skills we are looking for:
- 3-5+ years of experience building B2B and B2C iOS applications that work with RESTful APIs.
- Experience in Swift and Objective-C.
- Experience working with CocoaPods, and SwiftPackageManager.
- Experience working with Firebase.
- Experience with native iOS frameworks such as UIKit and Core Animation.
- Experience creating custom user interfaces and animations on iOS.
- Expertise in iOS performance and optimizations.
- Experience with HTTP and secure client/server communication.
- An advanced understanding of software development patterns, object-oriented Design principles, and coding techniques.
- Proficiency in unit and integration testing.
- Strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience in Kotlin Multiplatform is advantageous.
Why join us?
- Truly flexible working environment. You can work from any country and any location.
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance and are flexible with working arrangements (we do not require you to be present NZ time).
- Startup environment and no bureaucracy.
- Your colleagues are friendly and supportive. They have a lot of experience in the field and can help you if you need them.
- We have Hack Days so you can bring your big ideas to life in a supportive learning Environment.
- Sense of ownership of those products you are working on.
- No micromanagement.
If you like the sound of us, please send us your CV and your desired rates so we can start having a dialog. Thanks.