We're looking for an Android or iOS developer to join our existing engineering team of two web developers and two mobile engineers.
Our flagship apps - Zombies, Run! and The Walk – combine innovative real-world interaction and gameplay with captivating stories and design. In short, we make exercising fun. We want to find someone who can help us maintain and improve our existing apps and develop new experiences that are just as revolutionary and innovative.
As a Senior Mobile developer at Six to Start, you will be primarily responsible for maintaining our mobile apps including Zombies, Run! and The Walk, with over 10 million downloads. You’ll work with a fully remote development team and be able to make an impact straight away.
This is a fully-remote position open to all locations, but you will need to overlap with at least 3 hours of 9am-5pm UK time (e.g. 9am to 12pm, or 2-5pm, etc.)
Our pay range is £68,000 to £75,000 dependent on experience.
- Experience with ReactiveX observable streams, Combine, coroutines or similar.
- Experience writing production ready Swift and/or Kotlin code with published apps currently in store.
- Experience in mobile software internationalization and localization.
- High standards for code quality and maintainability.
- Fluency in English and strong interpersonal communication skills in a remote, asynchronous context.
- Self motivated with a willingness to learn new technologies and an attention to detail.
Also, highly desirable
- Chinese (Mandarin) or Korean language skills.
- Experience developing and shipping apps on both iOS and Android.
- Experience with UI/UX design and implementation.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with CI/CD.
Please apply for this job if you
- Have a passion and capacity for learning
- Have already learned from working on big development projects, whether those projects were successful or otherwise
- Are familiar with any two of our industry standard tools:
- git, and either GitHub or GitLab
- JIRA, or similar "ticket-based" workload management
- Android Studio and Kotlin (for Android developers) or Xcode and Swift (for iOS developers)
We are especially keen to hear from applicants who:
- Are from communities historically underrepresented in tech
- Care about building and maintaining equality and inclusion in our workplace and productg
- Collaborate with our engineering team internationalizing, localizing, and improving the accessibility of our mobile apps including design, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
- Improvement of existing features, development of new features, and maintenance of our released apps.
- Coordinating cross platforms to maintain feature and functional parity across iOS and Android.
- Participating in feature design and engineering planning discussions.
- Conducting code reviews for fellow team members.