KinderList is looking for a Python Engineer to join our newly created Flux Team. KinderList is evolving and growing fast, and Flux key to this new journey, helping us empower a fresh generation of buying intelligence for shoppers around the world. The person in this role will use their knowledge of Python, AWS and Serverless to create robust and scalable backend services for product discovery, automated collection, and data enrichment.
We’re looking for a self-driven Python Engineer with a track record of solving complex problems, willing to experiment with new approaches and tools to get the best results. The person in this role will be working with a small and focused team of specialist engineers to implement a range of backend structures and processes. The ideal candidate will have excellent knowledge and experience building highly available, scalable and resilient services on AWS infrastructure.
Flux (short for Flux Capacitor) is a collection of services that find, store, enhance, and compare product information from retailers around the world. This product information is delivered to our native mobile and web applications to provide a next-gen shopping assistant experience. We back ourselves and so do our top-tier and accomplished investors.
- Be adventurous and curious, explore new technologies and opportunities to build intelligent shopping services and infrastructure
- Be highly organized and collaborate with cross-functional teams distributed around the world to define, architect and build solutions for delightful customer experiences.
- Write, test, document and deploy Python 3 code that ensures the integrity of our services and unique user experience.
- Create, review and optimize MongoDB database operations in our applications.
- Analyze and tune application performance with a focus on efficiency throughout.
- Add to and update our Product API and its documentation.
- Implement backend analytics tools and monitor application performance.
- Use our stack which includes: Python, MongoDB, and Serverless applications running on Amazon AWS maintained with Docker and Terraform.
- You’re fluent in English (written and spoken).
- You're keen to participate in a culturally and gender inclusive team.
- You have a very good understanding of AWS services, especially Lambda and API Gateway.
- You have a deep competence in Python 3.
- You have experience with Serverless framework or AWS SAM.
- You know you’re way around MongoDB and intuitively look for ways to keep it efficient, clean and tidy.
- You are motivated by working in a team with a flat structure where your knowledge and input have a direct impact on product definition and business success.
- You have a willingness to learn, share and step outside of your comfort zone. This includes keeping up to date by reading or writing blogs, participating in meetups, speaking or open-source contributions.
- You have an interest in finding and working on ambitious solutions to e-commerce problems that create positive customer experiences.
Depends on Experience
How to Apply
Please send your CV via email. Include a short message about yourself and why you're attracted to this position. Include any links (github, website, projects) if you'd like to.
We'll send you a link to an online Coderbyte assessment that takes ~60 mins to complete and focuses on Python, AWS, and Docker. There are three coding challenges and four multiple choice questions. We recommend you are familiar with Python libraries like pandas and bota3 beforehand. If you fail this stage, but still really keen to join us, just let us know and we'll book you in for another attempt with fresh questions in a few weeks. We are cheering for you!
We'll invite you to a remote interview round. It will consist of 2 separate 30-minute interviews with our technical team and a product manager.
We'll send you an offer / no offer decision within 2 business days.