We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our growing team. We want to work with someone who is motivated by system-oriented design and beautiful visual output. You’ll use the full range of your design skills from user research, interaction design, and visual design to build delightful user experiences.
You will work on our core personal finance product, with a focus on tactical execution but running across the lifecycle from product ideation to production. Working with a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, and marketers, you will deliver templates, flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals. You will also facilitate design discussions and are encouraged to give feedback on the user experience across growth initiatives, the core app, and ongoing support. As a member of an early-stage startup you will have a huge influence on the impact and success of the company – if this excites you then please apply!
- 5+ years of experience
- A passion for turning complex problems into simple and engaging experiences
- A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership
- Outstanding UX ability, visual design and product thinking
- Experience developing and championing design systems and brand standards
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback
- Competence in relevant design and prototyping tools
- Strong collaboration and self-management skills
- Previous work experience in a consumer-focused tech organization
- Previous work experience in fintech or mainstream financial services
- Familiarity with creating interactive prototypes
- Experience with data visualization as a means to communicate complex financial truths
Include these in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why NewRetirement is interesting to you
Please email us if you’re interested.
NewRetirement offers online do-it-yourself retirement planning. We take the knowledge of top economists, investors, financial advisors and other experts and translate the information into easy to use tools that enable users to make the most of their resources for a secure and happy future.
Our mission is to help people achieve adequate retirement income, the ability to fund healthcare and to maximize your wealth and security.
The company recently closed a first tranche of funding from a strategic investor.