Are you a skilled digital graphic designer looking to work with an award-winning team on high level projects and campaigns that promote travel and adventure around the world?
Matador Network is a leading travel media company and lifestyle brand — and we're hiring a graphic designer with video editing experience to work with the award-winning Matador Studios team. We create best-in-class web content for our partners around the world. We need a designer who’s passionate about creating visual experiences for our advertising clients, and Matador’s editorial and social media teams.
Beyond our passion for travel, Matador values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is actively working to spread these values through the travel industry. We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce to elevate and empower a wide array of viewpoints; candidates for this position should fully embrace this mission.
Things you will be ROCKING:
- Designing a diverse collection of projects, including: banner ads, video graphics and editing, Instagram posts, Wordpress pages and posts, logo/icon designs, photo editing/retouching, etc
- Working on web experiences from design to launch (i.e. UI/UX)
- Bringing brilliant design to advertising, editorial, and social media content
- Creating diverse design approaches/styles for both in-house and external client needs
You’re really good at:
- Keeping up with design trends
- Multitasking and consistently hitting deadlines
- Managing multiple projects at one time, re-prioritizing as needed
- Punctual communication (email, messaging, etc.)
- Collaborating with multiple company departments
- An amazing design eye
- 2 – 3 years experience in web design, including student projects and freelance work
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, After Effects, and Premiere required)
- Experience with collaboration tools like: Asana, Slack, Google Suite, Dropbox, and Canva
- A strong sense of typography and layout
- The desire to learn and constantly evolve your design style
- The ability to communicate and work with a distributed workforce using primarily Slack and email
- A love for travel, adventure, and people!
Nuts and bolts:
- Full time independent contractor with hourly compensation, paid monthly
- Working hours: Approximately 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM PT, Monday to Friday
- Remote position (i.e., working from your home office). This is a permanent feature of the job, regardless of the course of the COVID pandemic
Go for it!
To apply, please send a short cover letter, resume, link to your portfolio, and compensation expectations. Please put Graphic Designer in the subject line.