Open Banking - Work remotely from anywhere, Snr Java Developers sought!
- Work from anywhere in the world (up to 30 positions)
- Be involved at the very start of an Open Banking journey!
- Solve new and interesting problems at scale in a collaborative team environment
Are you a Senior Java Developer with Open Banking and/or extensive Financial Services experience? Our client is at the very start of its Open Banking journey - they have many exciting initiatives planned, and need to recruit a global team to deliver it! As a trusted advisor and recruitment partner to one of New Zealand’s best-known banking brands, we have been asked to “find” Senior Development expertise across the globe to help accelerate our Clients Open Banking journey.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved at the very start of our Clients journey, but also be a part of helping transition New Zealand to an open data economy.
About the Positions We are looking for up to thirty (30) Senior Analyst Programmers / Developers to join our Clients Open Banking Programme. You will join a global cross-functional team working collaboratively within high-performing Agile teams where you will be empowered to design and build a banking experience that delivers amazing value to our Clients Customers. You will be passionate about building micro services, driving change and improvements in development, test automation and the continuous delivery pipelines, improving software quality, delivering software faster and more reliably.
About You! You will be a great communicator! You will be spending your day working with other developers, testers, BA’s, designers and product owners and you need to be able to communicate complex technical issues and be good at asking hard questions, at the right time. You’ll be working in small teams where collaboration and relationship building is key. We are interested in people who enjoy a dynamic, rapidly changing environment, who don’t get attached to a particular technology or practice and importantly who want to drive change. You’ll be passionate about writing well tested code that follows good software development principles. You’ll have an interest in contributing to and improving automation testing suites. You will have proven experience working as a Senior Developer or be able to step up as a Senior Developer in agile environments, and you’ll be expected to contribute to the ongoing improvement of development processes, tools, strategy, and methodology.
You will be comfortable with the unknowns. You will have the ability to step up and provide technical leadership and guidance where required. You will have a pragmatic approach with a healthy dose of quality mixed in. You’ll be passionate about mentoring and sharing knowledge with your peers!
Ideal Skills & Experience
- Passion for following and sharing software engineering principles, practices, and patterns for keeping a code base of high maintainability;
- Extensive Java development experience (Java 8+, Spring Boot);
- Rest APIs - how to craft and best practices;
- API development and integration (REST/JSON, SOAP/XML, message queues);
- Experience with building and maintaining Java based microservices;
- Database systems (Oracle, SQL Server);
- Container-based platform experience (Openshift 3.x);
- CI/CD pipeline automation (Jenkins);
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (ideally Scrum);
- Testing - unit, acceptance. TDD / BDD;
- Knowledge and experience within Open Banking development environments will be advantageous
- Validated learning using lean thinking;
- Configuring continuous integration, deployment, and delivery tools like Jenkins, or GitLab CI;
- Container-based development using tools like Docker, Kubernetes, and Openshift;
- Instrumenting monitoring and logging of applications;
- Microservice architectures;
- Cloud services like AWS, GCP, and Azure;
- Infrastructure as code.
If you are living / working overseas, we are keen to hear from you. Our Client is open as to how an engagement could look – it could be that you want to remain overseas and work as an independent contractor or it could be that you are looking to migrate to New Zealand at some stage in the future to take up a permanent or a contracting position. If this sounds of interest, then please get in touch with us today for a conversation and let’s see what is possible.
$141,504 — $204,336
How do you apply?
Send an email to us with your CV/Resume highlighting your experience in this space. We'll then contact you.