district0x is a global organization developing the next generation of decentralized applications (dApps). Built using Ethereum, Aragon, and IPFS, district0x is a network of marketplace dApps known as districts. Our mission is to decentralize the ownership structure of the world's marketplace by providing a platform for the creation, operation, and governance of peer-to-peer marketplaces.
Summary of Position: The district0x tech stack is driven in the backend by smart contracts developed in Solidity and deployed to the Ethereum blockchain, and in the front end by Clojurescript, React, and Re-frame served via the Interplanetary File System and a Clojure server linked via GraphQL.
As a Clojurescript Developer, your primary goal is to build front end interfaces for new districts and extend libraries to serve user-made districts. The secondary goal is to create new and secure services written in Solidity, and develop automated test cases for these services. Clojurescript Developers should work independently when building, but must collaborate with other developers in order to check each other's work and maintain the highest standards of code quality. A great Clojurescript Developer will go above and beyond by building new and unique user experiences, and automating any routines for the business at large.
- Establish a clean and efficient development, test, and production environment.
- Deliver best-in-class front-end solutions in Clojure.
- Write and implement test suites covering the full range of code functionality.
- Collaborate with the team to define architecture, quality standards, and best practices.
- Diligently document all aspects of open-source contributions.
- Create unique solutions to dApp-specific user experience challenges.
- Build software that is FUN to use!
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of experience developing user-facing web applications
- Working knowledge of Clojure/Clojurescript
- Experience with re-frame libraries
- A passion for cryptocurrencies and other peer-to-peer technologies
- A basic understanding of how the Ethereum network and smart contracts operate
Additionally, you MUST be able to:
- Speak and write English fluently
- Communicate proactively (we are 100% remote!)
- Work independently towards deadlines
- Accept a salary paid in Ether
$100,000 — $150,000
How do you apply?
Shoot us an email, and be sure to include some link to work you've completed with publicly available code.