What is Shuffle?
Shuffle is a San Francisco-based startup reimagining the way users share, discover, and discuss podcast content.
There's a lot of great podcast content out there today, but it's tough to get someone else to try out new content. That's because podcasts are too long, too difficult to browse, and don't grab visual attention when shared.
To solve this problem, Shuffle is building a social platform where podcasters and fans can share, discover, and discuss their favorite podcast moments via short video clips. Through these short clips, we will develop a brand new discovery experience that changes the way people consume audio today.
Why this role?
- Help the world discover and engage with great podcast content they care about: There are many diehard podcast fans out there, but there hasn't been one platform to help them engage with each other and the content meaningfully. You can help us change this.
- Work with a great team: You'd be working day in and out with teammates who built and shipped world-class consumer products.
- Make meaningful impact: Coming in at this stage, you would design, build, and ship things that matter. You'd have huge impact on the company, our roadmap, and our culture because you're getting in at ground level.
What will you do?
The right candidate should be interested in designing software systems that balance scalability and robustness with iteration speed.
Our current stack:
- Node.js / golang
- React JS
As a backend engineer, you will have the opportunity to design and implement all the server side systems that power Shuffle. Some potential projects include:
- A podcast pipeline that ingests RSS feeds and leverages both 1P and 3P services to consistently extract data from the MP3 files
- a server pipeline that generates streamable media tailored for different bandwidth conditions
- A personalized social audio feed that surfaces content based on user signals, social graphs, and editorial decisions
This might be for you if...
- You have more than 3 years of full-time experience building large scale web and mobile products
- You love designing robust, distributed microservices
- Bonus: experience working with social consumer products
- You are self-driven, but know how to seek help or consensus from teammates
- You can communicate effectively in spoken and written English
What can you expect?
- Excellent leadership and guidance from ex-Google and ex-Coinbase operators
- Competitive compensation and great equity upside
- Learning and development opportunities (and access to strong mentorship) via our seed investor's L&D platform
- Canadian working visa for those who are not based in the US