At Chaoly, we have developed a data analytics platform that analyzes, benchmarks, and helps to optimize our clients’ China performance (eCommerce and social media), thereby maximizing their ROI. We enable our customers to make important and strategic choices in China based on our insights.
How do we do this? By making cross-platform data available all in one platform, to allow our clients to understand the effect of marketing activities on actual sales revenue, showing every part of the marketing funnel, from awareness to conversion and loyalty. It is further enhanced with our optimizer tools and customized sales improvement plans. Our analytics platform is designed in a way that it supports overseas brands through every step of their eCommerce and Social Media journey in China, and is powered by predictive analytics and machine learning technologies. We have worked together with leading Dutch and international brands such as PepsiCo, Rémy Martin, Suitsupply, Phillips, Nestlé and Accenture.
We always start with 'why', and are not afraid to ask questions to deliver the right data required. Start your data journey with us now!
About the Role:
Have you always dreamed of being at the forefront of a data-driven environment that focuses on adding value to our clients? At Chaoly we make this dream come true! We are looking for ambitious, analytically strong, entrepreneurial Tableau developers and server experts to make beautiful, compelling and custom visuals in dashboards. Chaoly is not your average company and we are therefore not looking for an average candidate - our goal is to be trusted data advisors to our clients.
You will work together in a team of multi-cultural data analysts and engineers to bring value to our clients that are active online in China. You're someone who can think of competitor or market analyses, predicting market prices and trends and optimizing ROI on the eCommerce and social media platforms.
Since we are growing very fast, we are looking for data talent to strengthen our team in Shanghai.
• Create new dashboards based on existing design
• Recommend and implement optimal design for Tableau performance and user experience
• Automate tasks using the Tableau API:
o User permission
o Dashboards duplication
o Refresh of extracts and dashboards upon changes in data sources
• Migrate dashboards to Tableau embedded
• Monitor tableau dashboards for bugs and insights
• Collaborate with data analysts to build new visuals, dashboards and reports
• Optimize performance of Tableau servers across geographies using best practices
Ideal candidate profile
- Currently located in Shanghai, and eligible to work in China
- Excellent communication skills in English (Mandarin Chinese is a plus)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT, data analytics, econometrics, business information systems
- Entrepreneurial mindset, at ease with a startup environment, with close collaboration to your teammates and external customers and the expectation of rapid solutions
- 4+ years of hands-on experience building Tableau dashboards and reports
- Good understanding of performance tuning, security implementation, performance testing, and configurations in Tableau server
- You have a curious and analytical mind
- Detail-oriented and a problem-solver
What we can offer you:
- We think differently on how to improve the performance of a brand in China and we believe in the power of data
- We are passionate about tech, marketing and eCommerce in China and like to share this passion with you
- We always start with 'why', and not afraid to ask questions to deliver the right data required
- We are an open and curious bunch that likes to seek solutions via digging deep into the data
- Opportunities to dive into the FMCG industry and the Chinese e-commerce and social media world
- An energetic and international team
- We embrace all types of new technology, languages, and techniques