Cargo is a personal site builder for designers and artists; for over 10 years, a privately held company (by intention). We understand ourself as a web service; a conduit for design and art. Our purpose is to help creative professionals (as well as all manner of student) bring their work to the public with technical precision, relevance and poetry. We have no interest in the status quo. Our team is small and comprised primarily of artists and musicians. We care about every aspect of our platform, from the depths of the backend to the tips of the interface.
We’re looking for a full-time creative backend developer with experience and interest in:
- PHP and the Laravel framework
- Environments: Apache, Nginx, Node
- Data stores: MySQL, Redis, memcached
- AWS: EC2, S3, CloudFront, Elasticsearch, Lambda, RDS, SES
- DNS: Domain routing, nameservers, networking
- Templating: Handlebars, JSX
- MVC concepts and front-end view rendering
- RESTful concepts and APIs
- 3rd party API integration
- OAuth 2, Git, JWT, CORS
- Working with a remote team via Slack
Cargo offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.