Workstream (www.workstream.us) is a text recruiting and hiring tool for local businesses, especially quick-service restaurants. We are a team from MIT, Y Combinator, Google, Yelp, Harvard, Stanford, and Cornell, and have raised over $60M from Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Mary Meeker’s Bond Capital, Coatue, CEO Zoom, Jay Z, Will Smith, Mark Cuban, Chairman of JetBlue, Charles River Ventures, CEO DoorDash, James Harden, CEO Logitech, Chairman Louis Vuitton (LVMH), GGV Capital, and more.
Workstream helps businesses like Jamba, Chick-fil-A, McDonald's, Dunkin', Applebee's, Auntie Anne's, Cinnabon, Subway, Wingstop, Arby's, and more to hire faster with texting / SMS, cutting in half the time to engage, hire and onboard hourly workers, saving you over 10s of hours every week and hiring the right talent faster. We engage hourly candidates with texting, posting to thousands of job sites like Indeed, Craigslist, and ZipRecruiter, scheduling efficiently via mobile workflows, seamless onboarding via online signing, and more via text.
Staff Software Engineer, Frontend
- Design and implement the fundamental architecture of the multi-product backend. The architecture will contain complex scenarios of backend distributed systems, data, security, compliance, DevOps, and more.
- Analyze fault-tolerance and high availability issues, performance and scale challenges, and solve them.
- Pinpoint problems, instrument relevant components as needed, and ultimately implement solutions.
- Understand trade-offs between consistency, durability and costs to build solutions which can meet the demands of rapidly growing services.
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding availability and performance.
- Mentor and coach the engineering team to build good mindsets of security, code quality, and more.
- Raise the bar of hiring new software engineers as a key interviewer.
Location：Remote in China Time Zone or PST, preferred in Vancouver, Shanghai, and Chengdu
- 5+ years industry experience designing, building and supporting large scale systems in production.
- Experience building large scale distributed fault tolerant services.
- Excellent understanding of low level operating systems concepts including multi-threading, memory management, networking and storage, performance and scale.
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- Systems programming skills including multi-threading, concurrency, etc.
- Track record of identifying and implementing creative solutions.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure - AWS
- BS in Computer Science; Masters or PhD Preferred.
- Fluency in English.
- 国内薪资：对标阿里 P7 以上，上不封顶。
- Base 国内，有海外顶尖大厂/名校成熟经验的顶尖人才，可考虑 global pay。
- Base 在海外的朋友综合考虑当地薪资水平和个人水平能力。
- 由于本职位需要英文流利沟通，因此 JD 使用英文。
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 直接申请链接 (地址显示为 Vancouver，不用担心)：https://www.workstream.us/j/workstream_workstream/3d5cd69f