HelloText is messaging for everyone, made simple.
We’re re-imagining how small businesses, retailers, mom-and-pop shops communicate with their audiences through all their channels (SMS, RCS, WhatsApp, FB) by offering a single interface. We aim to become the simplest and most loved communication tool for the job.
This is a bootstrapped, cash-flow positive business that is expanding on this strategy as a long-term goal. Thus, HelloText is looking for a candidate who is interested to commit to a long-term position. This is an ideal opportunity if you work remotely and would like having a a stable position.
About the position
You'll be the lead developer of the product working directly with the founder but you will have a great deal of autonomy. You will be responsible for implementing the general roadmap of the product, which is organized into smaller milestones.
Your day to day responsabilities will include:
- Implementing the new frontend (likely using newer Rails Hotwire instead of Rails/Vue).
- Implementing documented designs and features from Notion/Sketch/Github into Rails with Slim/SaaS/Tailwind.
- Building new features and functionality both on the frontend and the backend.
- Connecting external third-party services and APIs such as communication channels, or mesagging providers.
- Helping scaling up by being able to perform benchmarks and optimizations when needed and propose architecture design changes.
- Experience with PostgreSQL and with dealing with large databases with hundreds of millions of records.
- Preferentially (but not exclusively), a formal Engineering or CS background.
- Familiarity with design patterns, DDD (Domain drive design) and algorithms.
- API design and software modeling.
- A good sense of aesthetics and product design and be able to improve flows and UI designs on your own so you can add value to an already solid and consistent UI in the works.
- Of course all common stack tools/technologies: Github, CI, Rspec, AWS, CSS/SaaS/Tailwind.
$50,000 — $75,000
How do you apply?
Interested? Drop us an email. Please include a cover letter and tell us more about your accomplishments. Looking forward to hear from you.