Our goal is to make working with data easy. And because we want to make it simpler for others, we work on solving complex problems with many Engineers distributed across different teams and continents. To coordinate such a distributed team (as well as database) we are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager with experience with coordinating and scaling teams. Ideally, you also have experience (or curiosity) in Databases, Graph Analytics, or Machine Learning.
Our headquarter is in San Francisco (US), we have an office in Cologne (Germany), but most of our diverse team works remotely worldwide. Since the majority of the Engineering team members are working from Central Europe, candidates in this location & time zone are preferred. So do you prefer your desk at home or do you want to join us at one of our locations? Your choice!
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails development.
- Experience with React.js, you don't have to be an expert but you should be comfortable writing front-end code.
- Experience using Git version control.
- Experience in SQL and data processing.
- Strong communication and remote friendly working skills.
- A passion for code quality and testing.
Nice to have, but not required:
- have experience (or curiosity) in Databases, Graph Analytics, or Machine Learning.
- You are responsible for the day-to-day management of the ArangoDB Engineering teams
- You work closely with our CTO to coordinate on product requirements and engineering feedback
- You will be coordinating amongst our development teams who are currently distributed across locations e.g., Germany, Austria, Poland, and Moscow
- You will also interact with the QA team ensuring the mutual feedback is coordinated between Engineering and QA (as well as other stakeholders)
What we can offer
- Remote possible and flexible work hours
- Group health insurance for you and your family (US)
- Travel and expense coverage for company-related trips & events
- Paid time off for vacation and sick leave (US and Germany)
- 401(k) company-matched retirement plan (US)
- Distributed International Team with offices in San Francisco and Cologne