Full Stack Engineer
Location: Remote (always)
Stark helps teams build compliant software products more efficiently. By integrating with the tools design, engineering and PM teams already use, Stark optimizes their workflows through intelligent automation. The result: significant reduction in cost, time to compliance, financial and legal risk, and a product that can be used by everyone.
What Stark needs
Hey there! We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer (with an emphasis on back end) that can use their understanding of web technologies to build out a suite of tools for Stark customers—from mac and web applications for customers to community tools. Using your knowledge of front and backend technologies, you'd spearhead efforts that focus on performance and inclusivity—in turn ensuring it's easily accessible and usable by everyone.
At Stark, the thread that holds us together is our collective eagerness to learn from and teach each other! We need someone that can teach us what they’re doing (without having to get into the nuts and bolts), and is eager to learn from others as part of a quality-driven organization.
What you'll find yourself doing
⭐️Building web apps and sites that are responsive, accessible and performant.
🧠 Working with the team to brainstorm, iron out, and implement new features from conception to fruition.
📐 Help guide our overall technical decisions and architect solutions.
🛠 Assist in bringing to life (and then utilizing) a modular design system across all products.
🚀 Launch experiments and work to improve current solutions.
🐛 Assist in triaging bugs and usability issues to fix issues in production.
🔍 Review code and get your code reviewed by others on the team.
We don't look at degrees. We think it's fantastic you have one, but we don't use it to evaluate. Preferred candidates are product-minded, have experience with accessibility and/or compliance, and are excited about this space.
So if you don't think you qualify based on 100% of what's below? Don't sweat it. Reach out anyway, please!
Your technical skills
- Web based backends and databases (Node.JS, Express, MongoDB).
- You've built and shipped web apps and sites that are responsive, accessible and performant.
- Familiarity with settings and implementing Stripe.
- Experience with web auth like OAuth.
- Understanding of the Git workflow, including pull requests, code reviews, CI/CD systems, and are able to write front-end/back-end integration tests.
- Experience or at least familiarity with internationalizing / localization of a product.
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors (LESS, SASS).
- Experience shipping features and projects.
- Bonus: If you have experience with React and/or Svelte.
Your core skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaboratively in the method most comfortable and possible for you.
- Problem-solving skills (can’t leave something alone until it’s fixed)
- An active learner's mentality that is comfy asking for help.
- Ability to self-manage when it comes to time, organization, responsibilities, etc.
- You know when to ask for help.
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us and be sure to:
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Tell us a bit about you!
- Send along any links you're comfortable with to best showcase the relevant things you've built, contributed to, etc.