We’re Metafy. We’re building an esports platform that enables competitive players to monetize their talent through coaching and courses.
We’re working closely with the best players in the world, across all games, to rethink competitive learning from the ground up.
We have a lofty vision, and we'll need an all-star team to bring it to life. You'll be working alongside a small team of diverse, startup-veteran engineers and product leaders, shipping daily while instrumentally shaping the culture for a rapidly scaling organization.
We're hiring a Product Design Lead to build the UI/UX team here at Metafy and shape the future of competitive gaming.
TLDR: We're making world-class shit that the best players on the planet will use. What game? All games.
What to expect
We intend on making a global impact with a small, high-quality team. We’re remote, so you can work from anywhere in the world. We try our best to sync up between 12PM - 3PM EST, but you're free to work on the schedule that suits you best.
- A bias for action: we're a team of self-starters who collaborate often and deploy daily
- Extreme ownership: you're a true owner of the product and company.
- We Not I: everyone on their team is empowered to make decisions, with a responsibility to communicate them. We default to over-communication.
- Run towards our problems: we won't sugarcoat, startups are hard. Things will get tough, and when they do, we run towards our problems at full speed.
- Think Big: constantly living the duality of diving down into the nitty-gritty, but being able to pull out of the weeds and see the broader vision we're working towards.
What we're looking for in you
- 5+ years of Product Design experience.
- Comfortable owning the design spectrum from user research to high-fidelity UI and visual design
- Willingness to take on other design projects, such as graphic design, web animation, etc
- Up-to-date with modern design patterns and human interface guidelines.
- Tools you consider second-nature: Figma, Adobe Creative Suite (including After Effects) or similar.
- No coding skills required.
At Metafy, you'll get to report directly to the CEO and work closely with our engineering and product teams to continually impact the gaming aspirations of thousands each and every day.
You'll thrive in ambiguity, and own the full design process from understanding customer problems and low fidelity wireframes to bringing products to life visually + make graphics, illustrations and animations to promote.
You'll grow into a role managing several junior designers and be a critical functional unit owner of our team.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity
- Flexible hours & vacation policy, take the time you need.
- Remote friendly. Our entire team is remote, we care about talent - not location.
Ready to apply?
Email us with your resume or LinkedIn. Alongside your work experience, we'd love to see your portfolio. In addition, please send 3-4 companies whose product/interface design you admire and why (both consumer and business facing), and 1-2 that you dislike. The more unique, the better.
We're looking forward to seeing your work!
At Metafy, we celebrate diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team composed of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
See you in game! 👊🏽