We’re searching for a troubleshooting pro who wants to use their communicative and technical abilities to make a positive impact on the world.
In this role, you’ll be hands-on with clients and project teams, assessing deeper issues, rooting out hard-to-track bugs, and being a general all-around go-to figurer-outer. You’ll also have to be able to explain problems and solutions to non-technical folk, empathize with clients who are struggling to solve their web problems, and think about opportunities that go beyond the request.
In addition to that, you’ll be involved in the regular maintenance and monitoring of our WordPress hosting clients, making sure things stay secure, fast, and stable. If you’re a tinkerer, if you like wearing a variety of hats, and if you love finding optimal solutions to complex problems, we’d like to hear from you.
Your day-to-day will change, but your core charges include:
- Researching, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions to resolve customer issues
- Implementing hands-on technical fixes, including code-based fixes, on client websites
- Aiding in the management of “Yoko Co Support,” which encompasses a variety of issues reported by our clients to our support ticketing system
- Assisting with monthly hosting & maintenance, security patches, and plugin updates across multiple server environments
- Collaborating with project managers, web developers, and other team members wherever your special skills are needed
From listening to clients, to tackling requests, hands-on involvement, technical chops, and a positive attitude are absolutely crucial to your success here.
- Deep knowledge of WordPress, including themes, plugins, common configurations, quirks, and troubleshooting techniques
- At minimum, basic ability with the use of PHP for WordPress (but the stronger the better)
- An understanding of the underlying technologies behind general web development on the LAMP stack
- Familiarity with WordPress hosting environments and configurations
- Experience making basic DNS changes, implementing redirects, and assessing website performance issues
- At least 3 years of professional experience working with WordPress
- Added bonus: Professional experience developing WordPress plugins and themes
Soft Skills & Personal Traits
- You should feel energized by solving problems and learning new things
- Strong verbal and written English-language communication skills
- The ability to multitask is critical
- Excellent attention to detail
We’re a digital agency that works exclusively with clients who are trying to make the world a better place. Everyone here works remotely, and we have people located all around the globe. Fostering an incredible work culture is extremely important to us, and we’ve been named one of the best places to work by the Washington Business Journal.
In exchange for your skills, we’ll provide a flexible work schedule, medical benefits, great pay, participation in our annual shutdown (we close for about two weeks at the end of every year), and we take off most federal holidays, plus a bunch of other days, too. Most importantly, you’ll be immersed in work that makes a positive impact.
Make sure you include your resume and tell us why you think you’d be a great fit for the position. Also, share something cool that you’ve learned recently. Weird trivia encouraged.
We accept international applicants, but you have to be willing to work U.S. business hours (or at least have a good overlap).
How to Apply
To apply, please email us. Use the subject line "Here to help" and share why you think you'd be a great fit for this position and the Yoko Co team.