SaleHoo.com is a New Zealand-based company creating online tools and training for people looking to start their own online businesses. We’re based in Christchurch, but the majority of our teamwork remotely from various places around the world. (Living in the future FTW!)
We're on the hunt for a talented social media marketer with a passion for all forms of social marketing to help grow our fan base as well as market to existing customers.
Our new social media marketer will play a vital role in looking for new growth opportunities, produce the majority of our social content and generally making sure our social channels are top-notch.
We're looking for someone with a fair amount of cleverness, the ability to Get Things Done, and a genuine passion and love for social marketing.
Neat things about working with us:
- Flexible hours
- Work from home (or from our Christchurch office)
- Relaxed, ego-free, family-friendly work culture
- Need a few more reasons? Read what current and former staff have to sayâ€¦
If you'd like to come work in our Christchurch office in Ferrymead, you also get:
- Weekly Friday BBQ (or sushiBQ, or ThaiBQ)
- Novelty coffee mugs
- An extremely comfortable chair
- Tap dancing seagulls
Ideally looking for someone for around 15-20 hours on contract to start with but open to discussing this further and have some flexibility for the right candidate.
- Coming up with creative content ideas and methods to increase our social traffic.
- Day to day management of our key social channels (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn).
- Producing daily content for our channels, both text, image and video.
- Running paid social media campaigns.
- Examining ways to improve user experience and coming up with product recommendations based on social media feedback.
- Excellent written English and a friendly manner in writing.
- Meticulous attention to detail. Your spelling and grammar should be top-notch.
- A great presence in front of a camera.
- Good time management skills. Since this can be a remote working position, you'll need to be organized, motivated, and (dare we say) a "self-starter".
- To have been involved in social marketing for at least 3+ years.
- Know how to moderate content and build a powerful online brand.
We usually get a lot of applications, and a lot of them are not very inspiring.
We're looking for people with great problem-solving skills, great communication skills, and the willingness to go the extra mile, so here’s what you need to do.
- Record a short (1-2 minute) cover letter video and upload it somewhere where we can see it. Tell us a little bit about yourself, social channels you have run (include links) and sites you commonly use and why you think you'd be great for this role.
- Create an email subject with “Social Media Marketing Position“.
- Give us the link to your video inside the email and include links to your personal (and businesses you manage) social media profiles
- Attach your CV/resume in PDF format