ExportData is a bootstrapped, early-stage startup. We are building tools for marketers and researchers based on top of the Twitter API. Some of the upcoming features include influencer search (across 200M+ profiles), tweet monitoring by hashtag or keyword, account and tweet analytics.
Our current stack is Ruby 3, Rails 6, Sidekiq + Redis, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, React.JS, Terraform, Docker, AWS.
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails engineer to join a small team of bright individuals. We’re not looking for experts. We’re looking for smart people who can bring in the knowledge and the best processes to get things done.
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails development.
- Experience with React.js, you don't have to be an expert but you should be comfortable writing front-end code.
- Experience using Git version control.
- Experience in SQL and data processing.
- Strong communication and remote friendly working skills.
- A passion for code quality and testing.
Nice to have, but not required:
- Practical knowledge of job schedulers such as Sidekiq.
- Practical knowledge of provisioning and orchestration tools. We presently use Terraform.
- Interest in data analysis.
- ElasticSearch experience.
- Scraping experience.
- Experience with Twitter, Stripe APIs.
- Open source contributions.
- Startup experience in any capacity.
- Participating in a product process from idea to delivery.
- Design and build new features.
- Software architecture thinking, such as API design, database schema design, services and patterns for robust, secure and reliable code.
- Performance tuning and optimizations.
- Working closely with Zil (ExportData founder with 10+ years of software engineering experience).
Ruby 3, Rails 6, Sidekiq + Redis, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, React.JS, Terraform, Docker, AWS.
We do continuous integration and we are proud having over 90% test coverage of the back-end API.
What we can offer
- You’ll join the adventures of an early-stage company and experience what it means to have an incredibly impactful job.
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave.
- Flexible work schedules — we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive.
- A supportive work environment keen on offering opportunities for personal growth.
- Providing strong code reviews.
- Minimum meetings.