We're hiring a senior media streaming engineer to help us accelerate building a first-of-its-kind interactive broadcasting platform to promote driving social impact through meaningful conversations at scale. We’ve raised a multi-million dollar seed round from top tier consumer investors and the co-founding team is made up of experienced serial entrepreneurs including Mark Cuban. You'd be joining a small team on the ground floor and will have a huge impact on the platform and community we’re building.
Excellent candidates will have experience designing multi-datacenter, low latency media stream processing systems, instrumenting and debugging performance problems, 3rd party API integrations, and nice-to-have experience with devops deployments at scale.
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Ideally Golang / Elixir / C++ Solid engineering background (CS degree a plus)
- Experience working on highly concurrent distributed systems
- Intimate knowledge of streaming protocols: WebRTC HLS (and LHLS)
- Experience with one or more major streaming tool kits: GStreamer FFMPeg Membrane Framework
- Experience with global content distribution (CDNs, etc)
- Ownership and Accountability - Our team is small, so you will get a lot of responsibility immediately. That also means we’ll be depending on you to deliver.
- Superb English written and verbal communication skills - This is a remote role, so the ability to create and communicate complex and detailed technical specifications is required
- Product orientation - No specification is perfect, so we expect everyone on our team to put themselves in the user’s position and ask questions to make the right decisions on their behalf