Subscale is a well-funded remote-first startup reinventing rapid manufacturing of precision parts. Here you will solve challenging problems that have never been solved before, with the autonomy to use whatever methods you think best.
Subscale’s intelligent automation uses machine learning and physics simulation to provide close tolerances and rapid turnaround at low production costs.
As a Back-End Engineer at Subscale, you will be working with a talented and experienced multi-disciplinary team to bring our technology to market. You’ll have a wide breadth of responsibilities, such as:
- Designing and integrating backends for various customer-facing web services
- Expanding our factory management system while retaining robust failure-recovery
- Building pipelines for high-scale telemetry, analytics, calibration, and metrology data
- Automating and Integrating various CAD/CAM processing tools into a unified system
The job will grow and change throughout the product life-cycle so it’s essential that you have a self-starting attitude and are quick to learn new skills and adapt as requirements evolve.
- Experience building complex web APIs from scratch using a python web framework
- Comfortable designing comprehensive database schemas for complex systems
- Experience with Docker, cloud providers, and deployment infrastructure
- Solid coding practices including unit testing, code reviews, and CI/CD
- Passion for building new products in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Excellent, proactive communication skills (critical since we are remote-first)
- Some familiarity with React and basic frontend development
- Experience with a systems language like C, C++, or Rust
- Experience with FEA software or other physics-based simulation
- Experience working with 3D data structures such as point clouds, meshes, or B-rep data
- Experience/interest in applying machine learning to structured and unstructured data
- Work From Anywhere