硅谷初创企业Zona招创始工程师，要求全栈偏后端(技术栈Python, Django, 最好也会React), 英文可以熟练沟通。
- Hiring Manager最终面试
🔥 About the company:
Zona (ODX2) is a platform for first-time & out-of-state homebuyers to shop for home smart and unlock exclusive offers, starting with market research tool and non-traditional mortgage offers.
👩💻 About the role:
As our first engineering hire, you will be the main driver for building and shipping product iterations end-to-end. You’ll be responsible for helping craft roadmap, building features, building backend databases & frontend UI, fixing bugs, and deployments in agile cycles.
This role will be working closely with CTO/tech lead and dotted line reporting to CEO on product. We are an early stage, small team so we are looking for a self-driven, passionate generalist engineer who thrives in the earliest 0-1 stage and enjoys shipping product with reliability, agency and ownership.
We build API, databases, marketplaces as well as connect vendors, so there’s always something new to learn and take on. We care a lot about helping our customers make great decisions and make progress towards a better future, so it’s important for the role to be product-driven, care about customer experience, and advanced in problem solving rather than silo-focused on writing code mercenarily.
- Work with founding team to build and ship intuitive, consumer-facing products and platforms in agile iteration sprints.
- Drive the development of our core web application, extension and other surfaces.
- Drive operational responsibility for our product & sites’ uptime, testing, and deployment.
- Maintain codebase, including a reasonable separation of concerns, clear code style, dependencies, and other best practices.
- Share customer support backlog, working with customers on their issues and bugs, as well as creating clear documentation on code & technical approaches.
- Work with the rest of the organization to scope realistic project goals and influence product roadmap.
- Understand agile iterations. Skilled in proposing the minimum engineering path required for validating hypotheses while keeping scalability in mind.
What we look for:
- Advanced skills in Python (Django), React. Must be experienced in backend web development, API, API research, databases.
- High degree of agency and ownership; effective in problem solving, communication and working in remote work environment.
- Advanced in agile iterations; familiar with best engineering practices including documentation.
- Prior startup experience or past success in early stage (seed) a bonus. Passion/background in real estate/home buying space a plus.
🚀 Our value prop to you:
- Fast growth & leadership trajectory as the first engineering hires; potential to ship product fast, set the tone for company and team culture, and be part of end-to-end growth cycle from day 1.
- Opportunity to ship category-defining products with potential to impact millions of Americans building towards better living & financial future.
- An energizing, ambitious, empathetic team who enjoy working together.
- We care about your wellbeing - and creating all-in work environment that equally prioritizes health.