Incubated by STX Accelerator, Sustainable Bitcoin Protocol (SBP) was founded in the United States in 2021. SBP’s mission is to Make Bitcoin Our Planet's Most Powerful Climate Positive Asset. SBP financially incentivizes bitcoin miners to use verified renewable energy, rewards miners who mitigate CO2e from entering the atmosphere, and concurrently leverages the sustainability of Bitcoin to drive billions of dollars into the renewable energy sector - the aggregate of these three activities creates a unique climate-positive asset unlike anything seen before it. In January 2022, SBP closed a $1.7m pre-seed funding round from notable investors such as Jihan Wu (founder of Bitmain and Matrixport), Blackpine Private Equity, and New Layer Capital. In less than one year, SBP has been featured in numerous media articles, such as this article prominently featured by CoinDesk.
To date, we have established partnerships with more than 50+ climate science leaders and institutions and have launched our Beta product in the mainnet - SBP Platform. Our SBP platform facilitates the review process of Bitcoin mining submitted by miners, issues SBC, and enables trading within our ecosystem. We are now at the exciting stage to go-to-market and move beyond our MVP for growth.
More info: https://www.sustainablebtc.org
We are looking for a product owner/ manager who will act as the bridge between the CEO/business team and the engineering team, both from a technical and language perspective. The talent will work with our global teams to continuously improve the customer experience and user satisfaction of our SBP platform for our users (miners and investors).
● Lead product discovery by conducting research and customer feedback to formulate requirements for new features or products
● Support the development of product strategy and roadmap with inputs from the business, and work closely with the Scrum team (based in mainland China and Silicon Valley) to prioritize features and enhancements
● Support the creation of product management SOPs and copy-writing
● Work with our UX/UI designer in producing high-quality designs
● Participate in a weekly team meeting with the engineering team (based in mainland China and Silicon Valley)
● Speaks with the executive leadership team once per week (or more as necessary) to update on the progress of the platform
● Joins once weekly global team call
Work Hours and Compensation
The SBP team is global, with team members in New York City, Silicon Valley, Hong Kong, and mainland China. This role will primarily be engaged during Hong Kong business hours. We expect the candidate that we hire to be a self-starter and can determine their own working hours based on what is required to drive the expected results.
Compensation is negotiable based on experience.
Product Manager Skills and Qualifications
The individual who is hired for this role should have a minimum of 3 years of digital product manager experience. They should have a strong track record of delivering results for notable technology companies.
● Native/ Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese
● Product innovation and development track record
● Project management skills
● Customer focus
● Technical know-how
● A natural leader and a team player
● Data analytics and metrics management skills
● Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
● Attention to detail
● Strong communication and presentation skills
● Organizational, planning, and documentation skills
● Ability to work across multiple time zones
● Experience drafting Product road maps and presentations
● Aesthetics sense. Design experience is a bonus
● Strong sense of responsibility and proactiveness
● Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a field tied to the product’s sector (tech, finance, etc.) required, masters in design or MBA a plus
● Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, including project management experience
● Prior management experience is a plus
● Experience using Agile/Scrum methodology and/or workflow management tools
● Experience using design software like Figma
Digital Assets and Sustainability are the two most important megatrends of the next decade. Join us as we build at the intersection of these two industries. We are on the cusp of making history, and in turn, doing something of critical importance for mother nature. Join us!